Pages

Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 2, 2013

A SIDE ORDER OF TIME

I got a fabulous little side table from the online auction for - get this - $1.50!!  The top was missing a piece, but I didn't care, because it was $1.50.



Great bones, eh?  I was thinking about going a funky colour and adding some sort of stencil.  While mulling it over, I got an unexpected surprise.  A great friend, who sells my crap, buys my crap and generally puts up with my crap, gave me a gift certificate for my birthday from Michaels.  Yee Haw!!!  Off I went.

I found some absolutely fantastic scrapbooking paper for 99 cents a sheet.  So nice.


I haven't modge podged anything in a long time, so I decided to try something new.  I took the side table apart and began painting with a shiny black paint.  Note to self:  wear gloves next time.  It took me about an hour to paint the table.



I put it outside in the garage to dry overnight.  It drives John CRAZY when I paint in the livingroom.  Oh well, he needs to get used to it.  That is where the tv is.  LOL.

Next, I started to modge podge the shelf.  It was really nice paper and went on quite well.


So very, very pretty.  I was planning on selling this piece, but I fell in love with it.

1/2 way done


It is so shiny and pretty and new!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this piece.

I just finished it and I can't stop staring.  Even John likes it.  Of course, he thinks I am going to sell it and wants half of the money.  WRONG!  This one is definitely staying at my house.




Let's break down the cost of this project.

Side table - $1.50
Scrapbook paper - $3.00
Paint - $0 (already in the house)

Total cost for this is a whooping $4.50.

I am going to place this where everybody can see it.  I am pretty pleased with this one.




http://diyshowoff.com/category/other/that-diy-party/

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. fabulous Vicky!

    http://frugaliciouschick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute Vicky! And what a steal of a deal too! I love the clock motif, very timely! Ha ;)

    ReplyDelete