Pages

Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 11, 2013

CAN WE SWITCH SEATS?

I am a huge fan of free things.  And I love free chairs even more.  This one might be my absolute favorite.


This chair must be really old, because the amount of dust on it was incredible.  I sat it out in the light rain for about 5 minutes to get the dust and cobwebs off.  Then I started taking it apart.  

The seat was made of old leather, yes leather, and was FILTHY!



I am pretty sure it was a dark brown colour at one time.  The padding underneath was pretty cool too


I had a perfect shape that never ripped when I took the old material off.  I have never seen padding like this before.  

Now I had to think of something to do with the chair.  I have some really pretty material that I used to cover my kitchen chairs and there was enough left to do this chair.  I was going to go ORB on the colour, but then I decided I wanted to do a red chair.  I made my way to Home Depot in the rain, and stopped by the Oops Paints.  Am I ever glad I did!


The exact colour I was wanting and I didn't have to wait for them to mix it up!  I also want to use this colour on my tv stand (when I find one to paint).  The wood soaked up the paint pretty quickly



I ended up doing 3 coats.  The red still isn't a true red, and I really like that.  I stapled the material on the seat - I am getting to be a pro at that.


I always use the indoor/outdoor material because you can clean it with a cloth. Here's the finished product.



It is going up for auction tomorrow night!

Chair - 0
Paint - $3
Material - 0

Total cost - $3

I am now hard at work on my lamp, which I will probably put in my daughter's room.  Stay tuned.  

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment