Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday, February 24, 2012

WE WELCOME YOU TO MUNCHKINLAND

I love to blog. I love to read other people's blogs. However, I am not a blogger who puts in a lot of personal things. I blog about my house and sometimes about my angel, but I don't get in depth about things that bug me or that I am dealing with. Well, this blog is about to change all of that. This wonderful, sweet-faced thing that I call my baby boy


eats Munchkin's poop. It is the grossest, nastiest thing EVER. He goes right in the litter box and grabs himself a "treat". Sometimes he carries it around the house like a special toy. It absolutely disgusts me. My daughter is always kissing him and I just picture the poop. I knew I had to do something about this problem.

So, what came to mind? DIY!!!!!!!

I bought this crappy table from Goodwill.



My brother cut a hole in the side and I painted it a funky colour.




Then I tucked that cat litter inside where Diego can't get it. Voila! Cat litter box and a cute table to put the cat food on so Diego can't eat it. I grabbed some tree branches from my mom's yard and painted them silver. I love how they give the table a little bit of funk


I still need to put something on the wall over the table, as well as a pillow in the middle for Munchkin to sleep on. But overall, I am very happy. Munchkin is also happy to have her little "castle" as Abby Sue calls it.




PARTYING WITH MUNCHKIN OVER HERE

Mod Vintage Life

A Diamond in the Stuff

A Little Knick Knack

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Days of Chalk and Chocolate





Lovely Crafty Home

Making

Saved by Suzy



The Shabby Nest

The DIY Show Off
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. that is a great idea, I must tell my son about this great project. He has 3 cats.,,also I added you to my blogroll.

    http://inspirationallettersbymillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic idea!! I would be barfing, but dogs will be dogs :) I love the color of it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever! You've got a really nice blog! I love all your chair posts along with your old desk makeover. I'm your newest GFC follower and bloglovin.com follower (I don't do Linky Followers). I'd love for you to come visit my blog. Have a wonderful day!

    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool idea - we have 3 cats, no dogs so we don't have that problem, but I do use a big rubbermaid tote as a litterbox for our one cat because he flings litter all over so I needed something with really high sides! I just cut a rectangle opening out for him to get in and out!

    ReplyDelete