Pages

Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 5, 2012

THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX (SPRING)

Now that we have taken the bed out of Abby Sue's room, we needed to do something about the spare room downstairs. We had a cheap bed down there that we rented from Easy Home for 2 months, but we gave it back months ago. Anyways, I decided to use Abbs' old bed down there. Of course, since I had made her a platform bed last year, that meant there was no bed frame for it.

What to do, what to do?

I was on pinterest and saw a pin where someone actually covered their boxspring in material and added legs, rather than using a bedskirt and frame.

I decided to do that with the boxspring. I had material in the closet, so that didn't cost me a thing (thank the lord because I have been spending too much money lately. I just had to find legs to put on it as well, which I scammed from Home Depot for $2 per piece.



Then I took my trusty staple gun and stapled the material all around the boxspring and gorillia glued the legs on



I waited overnight for the glue to dry, dressed the bed, and am quite happy with the results. Not bad for a $12 fix, is it? You can't really see it unless you are up close, but I know it is there and I love it.



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I saw that on Pinterest, such a clever idea! Your's turned out awesome and so much cheaper than buying a frame!

    ReplyDelete