Pages

Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 31, 2012

DIAMONDS ARE A GIRL'S BEST FRIEND

Every time I hear this song, I picture Nicole Kidman hanging from a trapeze in Moulin Rouge (I have seen that movie at least 20 times)


I was on Pinterest yesterday. It seems like forever since I have been on Pinterest for longer than 5 minutes. Anyways, the very first item I saw literally took my breath away.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Modern-Jewelry-Armoire-Makover


I was so excited because I HAVE THAT EXACT ARMOIRE!!! It has been sitting in the spare bedroom downstairs for well over a year. Now, I have an awesome idea for it.

Since my bedroom is black/white/green/fushia, I really, really loved the idea of a black and white armoire, but I didn't want to totally copy the other idea. So I went with a beautiful colour called Tutti Frutti.



I was going to spray paint, but I couldn't find that shade of pink. I ended up painting while watching the Vampire Diaries. You can see Caroline in the background




You can see where there is a big, gross mess where the mirror is supposed to be. I had to think of something to fix that.

I loved the picture of Audrey Hepburn on the armoire, however, I am soooooo not an Audrey Hepburn. Not even close to classy enough. I am more


Not saying I look like her. Insert big fat "Ha, as if" here. But she is more "me" if that makes any sense.

I searched online for about 2 hours to find a decal for her. Finally found one that I liked. Cost me $20 beans, but I think it was worth it.

So, after painting, glossing, decal-ing and then drooling, I finally finished my project. What do you think?






I know I took a bazzilion pictures, but I really, really like it. Does anybody else think I should paint the handles black? Let me know.

And, as a little aside, I went to Home Sense yesterday and scored a great pillow for $19!!



Awesome, right?

And, my daffodils are finally starting to bloom.


Life is pretty good right now. I think spring is finally here!!!

UPDATE: I couldn't stand it, had to paint the handles black. They are wonderful. Glad I did it!








Partying here

Mod Vintage Life; A Little Knick Knack; Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
; Days of Chalk and Chocolate; ; ; Lovely Crafty Home; Saved by Suzy; ; The Shabby Nest; HookingupwithHoH; ; Photobucket; shabby creek cottage; Photobucket;Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special; ; ; TDC Before and After; Making; ; DIY Show Off; UndertheTableandDreaming
Button; I Heart Nap Time; Decorating Insanity
A Diamond in the Stuff;
Our Delightful Home
Pin It

20 comments:

  1. hiya vicky , wow i love your version of the armoire hot pink and marilyn it is sooo me , so when can i expect delivery ? that cushion is gorgeous too x lol thanks for sharing your fab creation and ps i love to see the dafs coming out too it just lifts your spirits x
    happy crafitng
    xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie. I love it too. Just took the handles off and painted them black. Will update. I love bright flowers. Give me wildflowers over roses any day. Thanks for popping by!

      Delete
  2. Vicky, there is a free Marilyn Monroe dingbat(font) that you can use.. just have it blown up and trace and paint for your next project! http://www.fontspace.com/category/marilyn%20monroe,dingbats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. I am not great at tracing and painting, but I will give it a shot.

      Delete
  3. Vicky that looks freaking AMAZING!! Love love love the color, marilyn, and the black handles!! What a great piece, totally jealous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Megan. When I was doing it, I knew you would freak over the colour. I am quite proud of it. Love that you are jealous.

      Delete
  4. Wow, I love the color! Did you just put the decal on and then use a blade to cut it where the drawers were? I love the black handles, too... Good choice on that :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori. Yes, I used a decal and then an exacto knife. It was actually difficult to get the decal to stick. I used my bank card to scrape it down. I ended up slicing the stencil where the drawers are and then doing it section by section. Glad you like it. I am pretty happy with it as well.

      Delete
  5. LOVE IT! The color, Marilyn, so awesome! Thanks for linking up to A Pinteresting Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have actually had someone email me and want to buy it!

      Delete
  6. Totally cool! I'm not surprised someone would want to buy this! Great job Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing transformation! I would love for you to link up to my Linky Party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/04/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-9.html.

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite. Glad you liked the armoire. I have made my way over and LOVE your blog

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also have the exact same armour! And need to redo.
    My bedroom decor is pink, black and white w/ a little blingy pizzaz and Hello Kitty accents. (yes a 36-year-old with Hello Kitty accents in my room- I promised myself that would be my divorce present when I moved). Im alot Marilyn -but w/ short black hair. I have a few metal Marilyn Monroe wall hangings..which will be hanging in my room.
    It's awesome to see someone else with such great taste! I think I'm painting it white with black and pink drawers?
    I'm so exited now- its so my next project! That is really cool -you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hye MaggieMae. Glad you like it. I used a plastic decal on the Marilyn Monroe one. However, on the Audrey Hepburn armoire, I used a picture that I printed off the internet and modge podged it. It worked out just as well, if not better, than the decal. Please show me a pic once yours is finished. I would love to see it.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course I will :¿)
    So u did the A.H. one? I thought that was just how u got the idea for Marilyn? That takes talent! The modge Podge looks amazing!

    If I don't like mine with just paint-I'll have to use a decal. (not a talented "modge podger")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't do a white one, I did a tiffany blue one. If you go to the home page of my blog, you will see it. I did it 3 weeks ago. Modge podge is so easy. I don't know why I didn't start using it earlier.

      Delete