Pages

Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 2, 2011

SCRIPT PLEASE

I keep seeing chairs with flowing script on them. I saw one of Revenge the other night (what an awesome show) and I keep seeing them in blogland. My envy knows no bounds. I cannot find the material anywhere - unless I order it online and I am FAR too cheap to pay the shipping. So, for now, the chair is in my dreams (and on my pinterest page)




While I was at Goodwill the other day, I found a perfect chair for $2.02. It was everything I have ever wanted, with a beautiful heart shaped back and nice legs. Sigh. She was beautiful. So, of course I bought her. Even though I have no place to put her and no script material to cover her with.

She was just too sweet to pass up.



I had some pretty houndstooth material laying around the house, so I decided to paint the legs of the chair cherry red and cover it in houndstooth.



I painted the legs and just loved the colour. But after ripping the chair apart (and pulling out about 1000 staples)


I decided that the houndstooth was just tooooooooooo boring!!!! I decided to give Fabricland another try. So, while listening to my 6 year old whine about how bored she was, I was a bad mommmy and made her wander the fabric store with me (thank god for the Ipad). Imagine my shock when I saw this


I just fell in love. I was sad because I wouldn't be able to use my cherry red spray paint on the legs, but I had to have this fabric!!!!

I gave the legs a quick coat of white and sanded until the red showed through.



Wow, did I love the effect!!! It took me about an hour to finish the chair. I think I have a new crush.



I have absolutely no place to put it, but, if and when I ever get a new house, it would look awesome in a foyer.

It isn't the cool black, parisian script that I was looking for, but it sure is one heck of an alternative!!!


LINKING UP











I HEART NAPTIME (glitch with her buttons)

Lovely Crafty Home







The DIY Show Off

Making



Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Very nice. I love the red fabric. New follower here from Say Hi Sunday hop. I hope you will take a moment to stop by my blog and check out my kind of fashion (hair jewelry). I'm not just trying to gain followers with hopping, I'm trying to spread the word about a product I love. Here's my url http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I also have a facebook page which is www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose I hope you can stop by there as well. It's the fastest way to hear about specials. Let me know if you have a facebook page too so I can return the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your different twist on a script chair. As much as I like things that that I always want to put my stamp on my version of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks amazing! I saw the chair on revenge too and made the hubs freeze frame it so I could look again, LOL.
    Your take on it is very cool and fresh:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this chair! My step-father (who is a farmer) would absolutely love it too, not to mention my mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun chair. You had me with the script! I am a graphic designer and I'm always such a sucker for typography. This is darling and such a great deal too. I can't believe you found a chair with such great lines for $2.00. Just amazing. I found you at the addicted to decorating blog hop. Thanks for sharing.
    Krista
    krista-artista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Krista. It is a fun chair. I was totally shocked when I saw it. I loved the lines and it was in fantastic shape - no wobblies at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. People keep this furniture in smaller spaces. This kind of furniture completely fit in your home or office. You get enough space in your home with this type of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh I totally love this! The color is awesome! And what a great find too, 2.02 for the chair! How come I can't find this stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicky, I can't believe that you got that chair for $2+. You did a fantastic job with it. I'm also working on a chair at the moment.
    I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore the 'Revenge' chair also...and the show! I love your chair, a great touch to add your own twist! Red is one of my fav colours right now! Great chair!

    ReplyDelete