Pages

Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 1, 2011

STORAGE WARS

I have always asked for kitchen canisters for Christmas. Needless to say, I have never, ever gotten them. One day last year, my mom got me some from a garage sale. They aren't the most modern (or even the nicest), but they do the trick.


Now, I am not going to ditch these freebies, but I might try and work with them.

In the meantime, I have been seeing apothecary jars all over the web. Fell in love, pinned some to pinterest and now am on a mission.

Went to the dollar store, which is called Dollarama, but nothing is less than $1.25 (don't get me started) and bought a few things.





However, I couldn't find the little wooden thingys (that is the technical term) to put on the top. I went to the only craft store in Orillia, but they are more of a kid's craft. So, I ended up buying these




They are wooden doll heads and wheels. I glued a couple to the top of the lids. Then I spray painted the lids and bottoms black, added some jute to the lids, and




Voila, I have my new canisters. Not very original, I know, but I love them. Now to make about 5 more. I think I might make a few for the bathrooms as well. I think I am on a roll now.

PS - went to Goodwill yesterday. Oh my, the treasures that I found. Wait and see.

Linking up here

Pin It

2 comments: