Pages

Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 6, 2013

GONNA DRESSER UP IN MY LOVE

About a year ago, my friend's friend (so confusing) gave me a dresser that has sat in my garage for that whole time.  Of course, I forgot to take a before picture, so this will have to do.


It looked almost like this, except without the mirror and about 10 years older!  I was going to turn it into one of the really cool benches that can be seen all over pinterest, but I had nowhere to put it.  That seems to be a problem of mine.  Lots of ideas, nowhere to put the finished project.

I debated what colour to paint, until I started seeing the two tone colours - like grays mixed with taupe, or blues mixed with black.  I wasn't sure what colours I wanted to go with, until I found some Oops paint at Home Depot for a buck each.  Made my decision much easier.

So, the base of the dresser was the fabulous celery green that seems to be so popular.



I ended up using a very light gray for the drawers


Once I put it all together, I liked it, but it was a tad boring.


Enter the BRAND NEW BIG LOTS STORE IN ORILLIA!!!  Yes, we got a Big Lots and I am so pumped because it is exactly like the store in the US, with the same prices.  Woot Woot!!  I was puttering around, just checking the new store out and I found my miniwax stain for $2!!!  Can't go wrong for that price, can you?

Cha-ching.  I rang that purchase up and hurried on home.  About 1/2 hour later, my dresser was done.



I debated buying new hardware, because the original was cool and unique.  I ended up keeping it.






I did the top of the dresser quite dark, just for some more added contrast.  Now, it is off to auction.

Spring is here and I am ready to craft.  My friend, Angie, had some stuff for sale on her auction site, and I scored a few really nifty pieces.  Looking forward to showing it all to you as I work on it.

Anybody else scored a freebie and turned it into a profit?  Total for this project?  $4. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment