Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

HEAVY METAL LOVE

It feels like it has been forever since I have had time to do any projects. We have been having open houses every Saturday and my spare time has been spent cleaning. ARRRGGGG. We did have a woman come thru who is putting her house on the market next week. She said she hopes ours is still available because it is exactly what she is looking for. Everybody, please cross your fingers and say a prayer for us. We really, really, really want to sell this place.

Now, on to the fun stuff. I have been fighting a bug for the past few days, but today it got the best of me. I had the chills so bad this morning that I called in sick to work. I don't know about you, but when I am sick, I do not take the time to get better. I think of all the things that need to be done and I work on them. I bought this at Goodwill about a month ago for $2.04 and wasn't 100% sure what to do with it.


I have been seeing tables finished with chrome and metal paint all over the place. One of my favorites is over at

Miss Madison’s Charmed Life


that is gorgeous


I decided to try this myself. Except, I wanted to try 2 different shades of metal. So, being a lover of heavy metal music - my 6 year old has a Metallica t-shirt - I got the tunes on and the paint out. The table turned out great, but doesn't go anywhere in my house. I want it in a foyer (which I don't have), so for now it is in my bedroom, looking a little lost.


Do you like the silver and bronze together? It is kind of hard to see in the pictures, but quite striking in real life.

I want a funky black basket with some bling on it to put in the bottom. Shopping trip!!! Or maybe I will attempt one myself. Who knows??

On a side note, I spent all of 5 minutes turning a crappy old frame into a new corkboard for my boo boo


Sometimes the simplest things look so great!!!

So, are you feeling the heavy metal love yet? Going to paint something in your house silver or gold?? If you do, make sure you post so I can continue to bang my head (horrible 80s reference, sorry) Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love the two colors together, what a fabulous idea!! Man, I don't envy you cleaning all the time :) Hope you sell asap!! Great job on the table!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I just did a metallic table and found it so hard to get the paint looking good. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I like the combination of silver and bronze! Thanks for linking this awesome post at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. It's a great Mothers' Day present for me :)

    ReplyDelete