Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2011

New Nightstands

So we used to have these brown shelvy (word??) things as nightstands


I am changing my bedding so I wanted some new nightstands that I could paint bright white and put my new lamp on.

I got these from kijiji. They were brown and I was going to paint them white, with a black, glossy top and nice black knobs. But the doors were horrible to paint


They looked like cheap, cheap plastic and I was getting quite upset. So, then I thought, maybe I would paint the doors black and the rest white. Awful idea as well. What to do, what to do?

I ended up painting the top a glossy black and I loved it. I kept the rest white and decided to try something funky with the doors. That's right, everybody, out came the zebra print!!!! I am totally in AWE of how well these nightstands turned out. I can't use the zebra lampshade, but I am going to get nice, plain black round ones to use with my bright white globe bases. I want to get olive green handles to go on them, to accent the green on my new comforter (which I haven't gotten yet, grrrr).

John came home from work last night and actually noticed. He laughed and said that even though he hates zebra print, the tables were really, really nice. So, what do you think?? I know they don't match my comforter, but it will be gone soon, so use your imagination and give me an opinion:


I LOVE THEM and am so excited to do the rest of the room. Let's just home nobody comes thru to look at the house before I change my comforter!! Pin It

13 comments:

  1. These are freaking awesome! Like, I'd buy them! So creative, love it!
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your husband, I'm not usually a zebra print lover..but these are cute! Excited to see the rest of your room!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute!! love the zebra print

    I'd love for you to link this up to my new link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/your-whims-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Thanks for sharing this at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the zebra print! These nightstands are so cool and unique!

    xoxo
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those really came out amazing. I just love the zebra print. I am your latest follower from the blog hop. Hope you stop by and follow me back. Thanks so much. www.diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea! That turned out so great! thanks for linking to Favorite Things. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Vicky for sharing with my newbie party. Would love if you added my link or button too...this was a great idea you had!

    ReplyDelete