Pages

Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bear of a Chair

I finally, finally found a chair that I could afford and wanted to refinish. Remember this beauty


I had a chance to work on it today. Took it outside and cut the horrible (and painful) lattice off the sides. Then I attempted to take the back and bottom out of the chair. Big surprise when I finally got the chair looking like this


The stuffing was basically mush and the back seat was actually made out of cardboard. Absolutely nothing was salvageable. Never fear, I made do. I used some foam I had laying around the house and my trusty glue gun.

My daughter had 2 friends over, so I put them to work


We painted the chair bright orange, let it dry and then did one coat of glossy black over top. The orange shows thru in spots, and looks wonderful. Sorry, the pictures aren't the best and you can't see the orange very well. But, here is the final product.


I love. It is really comfortable and I am proud. This is my first major chair redo, and, for someone who cannot sew, I like how this turned out.

Well, off to bed. Way too tired and lots to do tomorrow. Night everyone. Pin It

20 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous! Great job. From the in-between pics it looks like you've tortured and murdered this poor chair, but boy did you bring it back to life and then some! Well done you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did an incredible job! I think you may have found your self a side line business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! You did an amazing job!! {and I love how you put the girls to work, can't wait until I can do that to mine!} Love love the chair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it looks so different, I love the new look! :)

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have been a busy girl this weekend with the lamp and the chair. Both turned out fantastic! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it looks MUCH better! Great job! :)

    Tnx for linking this up as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love to see when people give new life to things that otherwise would go to a landfill. Great job!!!

    I'm visiting from the blog hop over at HM on a Dime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just purchased a chair like this. I am only completed with the destruction part!! How hard was the reupholstering?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great. I would love for you to share it on More The Merrier Monday's Link Party!!

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job Vic.........nice material!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK Vicky! I need you to help me now!!! I have two of these chairs and I am not sure what to do with them. How did you do the upholstery? Is it on the original or did you do your own? I am a new follower! Please come over and visit!
    dreaming-n-color.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so brave to do so! Haven't done one yet but looking forward to. Thanks for sharing this at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow what a transformation!!! turned out awesome. Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so cool!! Kudos to you!! There is no way I could do something like that. I would take the stuffing out and just throw it in the air and cry. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's amazing! It doesn't even look like the same chair. Great job. Thanks for linking it up. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job! I actually have a chair that looks almost identical to that one in storage. I need to get it out and do something with it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome makeover! New fabric always makes a huge difference! I am featuring you tonight on Spunky Junky~

    xoxo
    Halz

    ReplyDelete