I finally, finally found a chair that I could afford and wanted to refinish. Remember this beauty
I had a chance to work on it today. Took it outside and cut the horrible (and painful) lattice off the sides. Then I attempted to take the back and bottom out of the chair. Big surprise when I finally got the chair looking like this
The stuffing was basically mush and the back seat was actually made out of cardboard. Absolutely nothing was salvageable. Never fear, I made do. I used some foam I had laying around the house and my trusty glue gun.
My daughter had 2 friends over, so I put them to work
We painted the chair bright orange, let it dry and then did one coat of glossy black over top. The orange shows thru in spots, and looks wonderful. Sorry, the pictures aren't the best and you can't see the orange very well. But, here is the final product.
I love. It is really comfortable and I am proud. This is my first major chair redo, and, for someone who cannot sew, I like how this turned out.
Well, off to bed. Way too tired and lots to do tomorrow. Night everyone.