Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 7, 2011

Lamp Makeover

I have noticed lately that there are some really great lamp shade makeovers out here in blog land. That made me begin stalking kijiji looking for special lamps for my bedroom. Then, while I was watching my favorite show, Cougartown, the other night, there was a close up of a lamp in Ellie's bedroom that just made me melt. It was a beautiful, bright, pristine white and it had a big globe in the middle. I fell in love at first sight.

Then, last Thursday, while on Kijiji, I saw the exact same lamps in bronze for $8.00! The shades were nothing to write home about, but I was planning on attempting a makeover of the shades anyways. Look at these beauties:


I got out my trusty Krylon low H2O spray paint and started painting. I even took my time because I wanted these lamps to be absolutely perfect. What do you think?


I still have to do the shades, but I think I will use these ones that are in my rec room

I still have to decide what kind of material I want on them. I wanted an animal print (imagine that), but I haven't found anything that caught my eye yet. Any ideas? Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment